Today marks the last day I am working in our Batam office.
Didn't really have much time to feel about this last day. Have been really busy during this final days with the company. I guess now, the feelings finally sets in....
After spending about 10 months working on the nearest Indonesian island from Singapore, one cannot help but look back and reflect. When I first stayed in the island, the disparity between the island and Singapore was within my expectations. Being put up in a pretty good hotel helps to smoothen the transition from modern development to a developing environment.
My confidence in moving around the island was somewhat shaken by the stories I hear from people around me. But thanks to my fellow colleagues who stayed there with me, my confidence was slowly built up to the point that I can bring my friends around when they come over for the weekend.
Working in a Singaporean led Indonesian environment was a real eye opener for me. Having come from a well establish firm, I was able to appreciate the things I had in my previous job. Many things were not as systematic as where I came from but still the plant can still progress very well.
Now that I am moving back to a Singapore based company... I really wonder if I am able to adjust back...... I seem to have lost the feel of what it feels like to work in Singapore....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment