Friday, March 9, 2007

Micro-Management

Thats the lunch topic today. Surprise to hear that my boss is a very much micro-manager. I wonder what will happen when he returns on Monday.

I guess being micro-managed undermines a person's true capability. It always leaves me to wonder what goes on in the mind of a micro-manager. It must be very exhausting to get involve in everything in the company. By I guess some people likes to be in full control. I have seen 2 ends of management style, free for all and micro-management. I guess middle ground is the most comfortable for all. Its something I would also want to practice, letting your subordinates run free and only tighten when you see the need.

Adopting a style of open policy.. I wonder how will I fare when my boss start to micro-manage me thus forcing me to chain up my guys...scary thought... but have to get prepared for it.

No comments: