This topic came into my mind today, for whatever reason I have no idea. I guess I will just blog in about these 2 words of "Letting Go".
Why do we keep using this term when things do not turn out the way we wanted it to. Letting go of anger after a heated argument, letting go of a relationship gone south, letting go of the past.... Does letting go actually make us hold on even tighter? Yes and no......
As a child, I have no problem of letting go, physically, of older toys for something newer... but I always have problems coming to terms with defeat..whether in a argument or in a competition...
Is Buddha's teaching of detachment the highest level of letting go? As one can see more clearly when one has no more attachments in worldly things. Then why do the monks of Myanmar went to march on the streets and resulting in much bloodshed to themselves? Are they marching for the common people, for their sufferings? If they are, aren't they being sort of attached to worldly affairs. My shallow Buddhist understandings failed to help me see through the rational of this world shaking event.... I do hope some day I will be able to...
If someone is highly detached from many things around him... does it mean that the person is cold and unfeeling? I doubt it... maybe the person dare not, out of fear, take a step forward and experience what is install for him in front.
So to let go of something, does it mean to be detached from it emotionally? I personally doubt it.. I guess its time that help dilute the effect... or even change the effect to the other direction....
So are you truly able to Let Go of whatever you want to Let Go???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment